Saturday, February 20, 2010

Decadent Dessert Contest? Who Me???

I will definitely be adding pics to this blog. But I don't know what I'll be making so far. In the past, I was always the odd ball with my dessert. There is usually 5 cheesecakes, 2-3 cookies, and a jello mold entered. I want something DIFFERENT, yet it's so hard to choose.

One thought: 7 Layer Italian Cookies. These bad boys are chocolate coated with layers of Strawberry Preserves between almond flavored yumminess..






Another suggestion is my favorite chocolate cake recipe. All from scratch. See http://joodiepatooties.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-did-you-put-in-this-cake.html
The recipe includes coffee!! I normally make these
with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I just love cream cheese.
**PHOTO is courtesy of www.recipezaar.com, "NewMomKate"**


Next contender is my ultimate Carrot Cake. See blog, http://joodiepatooties.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-more-american-than.html I've definately improved my frosting skills since last year. I think I'd make carrot cupcakes instead and copy "NewMomKate"s" frosting technique.

What do you all think? Leave me a comment!

No comments: